Building Change Resilience
The sensation of moving forward can be exhilarating.
When things get in the way we can feel foiled, frustrated and forlorn.
Developing resilience to the constant changes in our lives is a talent worth pursuing.
Here are a couple of quick tips and the Building Change Resilience workshop will offer you deeper insight and ideas.
A couple of tips:
1. Focus your time and energy on situations you have control over. Avoid revisiting what's wrong, unchangeable or in your view destined for disaster.
2. Discover that compelling reason to get out of bed and into life. Extend that sensation to all areas of your life and care about your efforts.
3. Don't over exaggerate setbacks. Optimism = resilience.
4. Know in your mind and heart that nothing is permanent - everything changes.
5. Blaming yourself is wasteful - examine situations with a critical eye, explain them to yourself and decide what you will do differently next time.
The personal stuff:
1. Get enough sleep - especially when life is stressful.
2. View unwanted change as a challenge or a problem needing your special attention..
3. School yourself to be positive about the future - it's coming so decide to enjoy it no matter what.
4. Bad days happen to all of us. They can de-energise quickly so making a choice about how you respond to those days, is part of the energy and enthusiasm secret.
5. Beware becoming a victim. Listen to what you are saying and move your focus to the things you have control over. Don't obsess about things that have already happened - you can't change them!
6. Peer pressure and group think can be disastrous. Stay true to yourself. Listen, observe, consider and trust yourself. Kindness, consideration and different thinking solves just about everything.
7. Clear goals and tasks that are achievable will build all manner of resilience.